Sō Percussion’s programs encompass a wide range of activities that require administrative support. In addition to our ongoing internship program, we periodically post positions here that are available.
Sō Percussion is excited to offer an internship for college-level percussionists, musicians, composers, or anyone else interested in learning how a chamber ensemble operates in today’s musical climate.
Sō Percussion has been at the forefront of contemporary percussion music for the better part of the last two decades. We have toured internationally, worked closely with, and premiered pieces by many of today’s leading composers, and are currently the Ensemble-in-Residence at Princeton University.
We’re looking for someone to be a part of the team that works behind the scenes to make Sō Percussion a successful touring ensemble: someone who is equally at home navigating a room full of percussion instruments, working as a part of an admin team, or producing concerts at our Brooklyn studio.
What you will learn
- How to effectively manage a touring ensemble
- Maintaining a collection of percussion instruments
- Logistics of moving instruments through NYC and the surrounding area
- Interfacing with concert promoters, stage hands, and event coordinators
What we require
- Background in contemporary music, preference given to those with a knowledge of percussion instruments
- Organized, with the ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Able to successfully interface with audience members, board members, and other professional contacts
- Able to do some heavy-lifting when necessary
- Must be a New York resident
What we provide
- Access to Sō Percussion’s Studio space and instruments for personal rehearsals and practice sessions
- The chance to meet and interact with not only the members of Sō Percussion, but with their roster of world renowned collaborators
note: for all work which requires moving instruments outside of the studio, interns are compensated monetarily.