Sō Percussion Summer Institute (SōSI) – Production Assistant
Seasonal – Part Time
The Sō Percussion Summer Institute (SōSI) is an intensive two-week chamber music seminar for college-age percussionists and composers. The four members of Sō Percussion serve as faculty in rehearsal, performance, and discussion of contemporary music.
As the SōSI Production Assistant you are expected to support the SōSI team with guidance from the SōSI Operations Manager.
- Reserve all rehearsal rooms required for SōSI
- Organize all gear needed for SōSI
- Organize daily moves between activities
- Assist in building the daily schedule for Composers and Percussion students
- Book dorms for faculty members and students
- Arrange for all SōSI sponsorship materials
- Work with our designer to gather/print all design materials for SōSI
- Send part assignments to participants
- Coordinate and book all transportation of gear and help to move gear to and from Brooklyn
- Gather insurance forms from participants
- Delegating duties to the interns
- Tidy and maintain rehearsal rooms and concert venues
Below is a typical day at SōSI:
8am-9am Personal practice time
12pm-1pm Guest artist talk
5pm-6pm Guest Artist talk
7pm-10pm Other various activities (rehearsal, performance, guest talk, listening session, etc.)
10pm-11:30pm Personal practice time as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent public-facing skills, comfortable interfacing with large groups
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, solve problems, and collaborate with staff at all levels
- Basic computer skills required: internet literacy, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite
- Ability to lift and/or move 50lbs
- Be at the Sō Percussion office to meet and work with the SōSI team twice a week
- We will require you to be in town two weeks prior to SōSI as the work load is heavier and we will need you to come into the office more often than usual
- Experience successfully managing and administering festival programs
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume including salary requirements in PDF format, and 3 references to email@example.com— Please be sure to put SOSI PRODUCTION ASSISTANT in the subject line.
Thank you for your time in submitting your application. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.